Saturday, July 21, 2007

A rant about Blogger

I'm suddenly having to go through word verification before I can post to my own blog. Aaargh! This function appears to trip in after a certain number of blog posts - it's not on this one, for example, but my main blog evidently now warrants it.

And while I'm ranting, as this is rant corner ;-) I want to know why I appear to be buying a rampantly increasing amount of advertisments from my email host, AOL. I'm not going to click any of those links, I'm just likely to switch providers instead, so it's self-defeating greed on the part of AOL to try and con more money out of me in this way.

Anyone know of a good email provider who won't clutter up my screen with huge, annoying adverts? It has to be a user-friendly interface from a long-standing ISP.

Or maybe I'll stick with AOL as my ISP, because we need the unlimited download capacity, and just switch to using my google mail account.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

I use google mail still have the yahoo which is going downhill rapidly so use the brilliant google as much as poss it even keeps 'conversations' together so mailing back and forth with same person or on same subject means it all stays in one place, difficult to describe you need to try it

July 25, 2007 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Hmmm - I'm increasingly tempted Elaine. I keep accidentally clicking these silly ads on AOL. It's most annoying.

July 28, 2007 at 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my yahoo because I can get rid of the adverts if I want to and there aren't many and the spam filter is great (though it is doing a little too much filtering just now, but that is the first time in about 6 years.) Let me know what you think of google mail.
I wish it was like the phone and you could take your email address with you.
Now I read Elaine's comment ... so that answers that a bit then!

January 29, 2008 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

"I wish it was like the phone and you could take your email address with you."

Yes, me too! That's a big part of the problem whenever I think about swapping. This email addy is all over the place - I don't think I'd ever manage to change everything.

There's surely a gap in the market there for a net-savvy business person. Some sort of service where you can keep your own address, or they'll hunt down all your old addys for you and change them or something?

January 29, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home