Monday, June 2, 2008

Do I have to start giving them alcohol now?

Parents in England are to be given advice on how much alcohol to give their children, as part of a government drive to tackle teenage drinking.


Dear me, as if we haven't got enough to worry about. I'm still struggling to get five full vegetables per day into their feeding tubes.

Well, I hope govt is going to pay for it, that's all I can say.

Hang on, that's not funny any more, is it? If I put in an application for help with funding it, they probably would.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

*Groan*, have read more. It seems the recomendations are that we do start giving our children alcohol. Beggars belief, doesn't it?

Here's how to prevent your children from binge drinking:

1. Home educate, then they're not competing with their friends at school about how much booze they drink.

2. Home educate, then they're not under pressure from the school system about things like exams, which makes them want to get 'off their face' just to make life worth living.

3. Make home a comfortable, fun, relaxing place to be so they don't feel they have to go out to enjoy themselves.

4. Don't drink yourself. If they spend time with their parents, children tend to follow their example.

Drink doesn't feature in my life, so it doesn't feature in my children's lives. Am I going to be sent on a parenting course now, to 'fix' this non-problem in our lives? *Rolls eyes.*

June 3, 2008 at 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this one had me chuckling!

June 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home